This recipe is served on the Toasted Snow Squares, but I am sure that it is versatile enough to be served on other yummy desserts.
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp grated lemon rind
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
Chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
2. Gradually add sugar, beating continually.
3. Add the butter gradually, and continue beating.
4. Add lemon and rind and blend thoroughly.
5. In another bowl, whip the cream, add a pinch of salt, and fold into the egg mixture.
6. Chill thoroughly.
7. Use sauce to top Toasted Snow Squares and top with a few chopped nuts.