2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large green bell pepper chopped
1/4 of a sweet or Vidalia onion diced
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon dry mustard
salt and pepper to taste
oil for the griddle
- In a bowl, stir together cheese, sour cream, bell pepper, onion, flour and egg yolks.
- In a small bowl, whip egg whites until peaks form and then fold into batter.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Pour large spoonfuls of batter onto skillet and bake pancakes in batches.
- Serve hot with a side of sour cream , apple slices, or even a mild salsa. Enjoy!