This yummy dessert recipe was given to me at my bridal shower from my friend Laura.
1 Tbsp plain gelatin
2 Tbsp cold water
1 cup boiling water
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup sugar
16 graham crackers (rolled into fine crumbs)
1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let soak 5 minutes.
2. Add boiling water and stir until dissolved.
3. Add sugar and stir well.
4. Allow to cool, but not to the setting stage.
5. Add stiffly beaten egg whites and stir.
6. Add salt and vanilla.
7. Beat until like thick cream.
8. Pour into slightly greased 9x9 pan and chill until well set.
9. Cut into 2” squares.
10. Roll squares in cracker crumbs, and serve with Lemon Sauce.