1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley or cilantro
1 bulb fennel, trimmed, halved, and sliced
1 sweet onion, thinly sliced into half moons
3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 Tbs EVOO
salt and pepper to taste
- Place prepared fennel in a strainer over boiling water and steam until slightly softened.
- Place parsley, fennel, and onion in a colander, and place into an ice bath.
- Soak 10 minutes.
- Drain and then drain more in a salad spinner.
- Place in bowl and toss with lemon, oil, and salt and pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread (even with radish butter) and enjoy.