1 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbs toasted sesame oil
2 Tbs Mirin or Rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup chili sauce
3 Tbs lime juice
1 inch long piece of ginger, peeled and grated.
2 tsp sesame seeds
salt and pepper to taste
1 head Napa cabbage
1/2 head green cabbage
1 turnip peeled
I Jicama root, peeled
1 Daikon radish, peeled
1 large carrot, peeled
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium bowl, make the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients. Set aside.
- Core the cabbage heads, cut into quarters, and then thinly slice them. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In your food processor with the grating wheel on, grate the turnip, Jicama, Daikon and carrot. Place in large bowl with cabbage.
- Cut scallions, peppers, mint and cilantro and add to large bowl.
- Add dressing to large bowl and toss to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled. Keeps for up to 4 days.