These cookies are loaded with nuts, seeds, dried fruit and a special hint of chocolate. I make these cookies for SP when he is away in the field. They are packed with protein and better calories than your average cookie, so I feel better about his heart and health when I make these sweet treats.
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1 Tbs vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
3 to 4 cups trail mix (pick a mix with lots of seeds nuts and fruit, but do not pick one with the big apricots in it. If you have banana chips in it, try to break them up a bit.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet in parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla and beat for another minute.
5. In small bowl, whisk flour, powder and salt.
6. Beating on low, mix flour into the cookie dough in larger bowl.
7. Add trail mix, but now mix by hand.
8. Drop large balls, three inches apart, about 8 per sheet onto parchment paper.
9. Gently flatten balls until they are about 1 inch thick.
10. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm in the center.
11. Transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy once cool.