2 pints/4 cups berries - any variety! (only strawberries need to be cut)
Max 1/4 cup sugar (only really for tarter berries)
1/4 cup water
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
grated peel from 1/2 lemon
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a shallow casserole dish with spray.
- Combine berries, sugar and water in baking dish.
- Using electric mixer in another bowl, combine cake ingredients one at a time.
- Spoon over berry mixture, leaving center uncovered.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the cake clean.
- Remove from over and let cool a bit.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.