Ree's original recipe can be found by clicking here.
1 8 oz. jar sun dried tomatoes (in oil)
2 cloves garlic
3 Tbs vinegar - either red wine or Balsamic
salt and pepper to taste
- Using a wire strainer over a measuring cup, drain the sun dried tomatoes.
- In a food processor or blender, blend tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper and vinegar until chopped.
- To the measuring cup of tomato oil, add EVOO until the it is 1 cup full.
- While blending, slowly drizzle the oil into the tomato mixture.
- Continue blending until smooth.
- Use as a dressing for a pasta salad, as a tapanade for bread, or as a topping for soft and spreadable cheeses.