Thursday, April 27, 2017

Cucumber-Basil Egg Salad by Janice Cole





















 This egg salad recipe is a favorite for our Last Weekend in June party. La, MarieNicole and I discovered it for lunch a few years ago and we have been fawning after it ever since. The recipe is from one of my favorite cookbooks Chicken and Egg by Janice Cole. It is full of wonderful ideas for both chicken and eggs. Buy it - you will not be disappointed.























It was this morning when I put up my own egg salad recipe that I realized that this recipe still  has not made my blog despite being online in various other sources.
This recipe is on  Serge the Concierge
This recipe is on Epicurious
This recipe is on Food.com
This recipe is on my mind and now it is on my blog.

Ingredients
6 hard boiled eggs
3/4 cup seeded and diced cucumber
1/4 cup minced shallots
1/3 cup sliced green onions (green part only)
3 Tablespoons lightly packed chopped basil
1/2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Image result for hellmans
Process

1. Hard boil the eggs. 
2. Run eggs through an egg cutter and into a large bowl.
3. Gently combine eggs, cucumber, shallots, green onions, and basil in the bowl. 
4. Stir in the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. 
5. Store in refrigerator for up to three days. 
6. Serve with greens, pita pockets, or slices of crusty bread.






No comments: