Friday, February 25, 2011

Roast Beet Salad with dijon Caper dressing


This incredibly simple salad was inspired by a Meal I had at 76 Pleasant Street in Norway Maine. I did not follow a recipe and only eyeballed the ingredients, so bear with me as I try to recreate it.

Ingredients
bunch of beets
bag of watercress
crumbled blue cheese
handful of slivered almonds
small handful of dried cranberries

Process
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Prep beets by cleaning, peeling and roughly dicing.
3. Place in a bread pan and gently roast for 30 minutes or so, stirring at least once.
4. Remove from oven and chill for about an hour.
5. Prepare your plate by laying a bed of watercress.
6. Cover water cress with a mound of roasted beets.




























7. Sprinkle nuts and berries around beets and water cress.


























8. Cover dish with cheese crumbles.


























9. In a small measuring cup prepare dressing from olive oil, Dijon mustard, some crushed capers with juice, and a dash of lemon juice. Adjust to taste. I know I put other stuff in the dressing but my memory isn't serving me right now.

No comments: