Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette


Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette is one of my favorite dressings for one of my favorite salads. Though originally served and purchased often at the Sundown Saloon, I have managed to recreate this in my own kitchen for a close second version of a long time favorite. The Salad this goes to I will be naming the Tex Mex chopped salad, but I can think of a lot of other salads or grilled meats this would taste superb on.



Ingredients
8 tablespoons oil.
6 tablespoons Lime juice
1 or 2 cloves garlic
Half a bunch of fresh cilantro
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon sugar (if dressing is too sour add more)
1 teaspoon salt

1 raw egg - optional to those who fear them.

Process
  1. In a blender combine the ingredients.
  2. Taste.
  3. Adjust ingredients or seasons to your liking. I like mine on the limey/sour side, but you may want it creamier.

No comments: