Fresh Brussell Sprouts
pats of butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pick your Brussell sprouts while they are still small.
These tasty little bundles are shown inside of an old Country Crock butter tub.
3. Trim them. Cut the nub of the stem off allowing the outer leaves to fall off, leaving the tight inside bundle for you to work with.
Here is a before and after picture of my trimming:
4. Place trimmed Brussell sprouts in a single layer in a glass baking dish.
5. Toss your Brussel sprouts with olive oil, minced garlic and a couple of tablespoons of butter cut into pats or dabs.
6. Put in oven and stir every five minutes.
7. When Brussell sprouts begin to brown, toss with 1 or 2 tablespoons lemon juice and cook for 5 more minutes.
8. Remove from oven and enjoy!