4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 cup boiling water
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup tart apple, chopped
1/4 cup cranberry juice
3 Tablespoons apple juice
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon allspice.
- Combine first 5 ingredients, soak for 15 minutes, drain and then cook.
- Soak the cranberries in the boiling water for 15 minutes.
- In skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add celery and onion to butter and saute.
- Add apple and cranberries and stir.
- Add juices and vinegar and cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add coriander and ground allspice. This makes the compost.
- After chicken is cooked, serve it topped with the compote.