3 bacon slices cut into 2 inch pieces
1 small head red cabbage, coarsely cut
3 tart apples cut into small pieces
1/4 cup vinegar mixed with 1/4 cup water
1 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 whole cloves
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 350.
- Saute bacon briefly
- Add chopped cabbage and apple pieces.
- Stir in bacon drippings for a minute and then transfer to a greased casserole dish.
- Mix and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover tightly and cook slowly for one hour in the oven.
- Serve with tossed salad and rye bread.