Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chicken in Chipolte con Adobo

Erin asked me for this recipe the other day, but I think it originated with her brother Matthew. I can't find my copy of the recipe, but this one (thanks to my MB) comes the closest to what I remember!
Chicken in Chipotle with Adobo
Ingredients
    1 cup Chipotle Peppers En Adobo Sauce (half my recipe for it)
    4 pounds boned and skinned chicken breasts

Directions

In a large teflon pan that has a lid, brown chicken briefly, you will need to do a couple shifts in the pan. Then tuck all breasts in the pan and arrange the cooked peppers and sauce on top of the meat, and cover to cook relatively low for around 40 minutes. Rearrange/stir after 20 minutes. Meat will be done when it starts giving off juice. Try not to overcook white meat.

Makes 16 4 ounce servings. It is great cold and sliced up in sandwiches too. Freeze single breasts in ziplock sandwich bags for future meals!

Number of Servings: 16

No comments: