5 large tart apples - peeled and cored
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
4 Tablespoons butter - melted
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and let cool slightly.
- Arrange sliced apples in a greased pie pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Mix remaining ingredients and then mix with melted butter to form coarse crumbs.
- Cover apples with this mixture and bake in oven for 40 minutes.