Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Madeleine's Baked Fondue


















It didn't take me much longer than a trip to the market to make Hi-Ho's Baked Fondue. I even went out on a limb and didn't exactly follow the directions. That is a big deal for me as a cook that likes to follow recipes and tends to not 'wing it'. By the way, this is much less like a bread pudding but much more a souffle like

I decided to use a baguette and then doubled the wet ingredients. It worked perfectly. The picture below is after I made my first layer.


















Ingredients
1 baguette, cut into three equal lengths, and then each piece is cut in half lengthwise.
 4 eggs beaten
tub of Old English cheese to spread on baguette lightly
cheddar cheese slices
tomato slices
Lots of dry mustard
Lots of Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon chopped onion
3 cups milk

Directions
 *Below are additional pictures of my assemblage.*

1. Place bread, cheese, and tomatoes in layers in a round baking dish.




















2. Beat eggs, add milk and seasonings. Stir. I add a lot of seasoning and it ended up a light tan color.

3. Pour over bread and cheese. 
 
















4. Top with a layer of slices cheese.
 
















5. Let stand on hour. Stare at it and drool.

6. Preheat oven to 325.

7. Bake for one hour.

8. Cut like a pie and serve.











This served my family of five with left overs.
















No comments: