Sunday, January 27, 2013

Nana Wee's Banana Bread

This recipe is from my friend Dawn (aka Egg Basket) and her grandmother Wee. It is fantastic and I highly recommend it. I wish I had taken a picture of it fresh out of the oven yesterday. I wish I could some how affix the aroma of it to the internet.

Ingredients
1/2 cup Crisco
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas
3 heaping Tablespoons sour cream
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups sifted flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chopped nuts.

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9x5x3 pan. 
  2. In a large bowl, cream the Crisco and sugar. 
  3. Beat in the eggs. 
  4. Add bananas and mix. 
  5. Add sour cream and mix. 
  6. Add lemon juice and mix.
  7. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. 
  8. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and mix until the flour is damp. 
  9. Fold in the nuts.
  10. Pour into greased and floured baking dish. 
  11. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Enjoy. 




No comments: