Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Baba's Rhubarb Pie

I missed putting this up at the beginning of Rhubarb season, but now seems an even better time since pie season is really just beginning! :) This is a recipe of Baba’s that has made its way into my recipe box, 3 generations later. What I like about it is that I know she made it from rhubarb grown on the farm, and someday in the near future, I will do so on my own farm!

Ingredients
1 cup rhubarb, chopped
1 cup raisins, chopped
1 cup sugar
1 egg
Juice of one lemon
Pie crust (for the bottom but you can make it without the top)

Process
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Place in pie pan lined with pie crust.
3. Choose whether or not to cover and bake in a preheated oven until cooked through. If baked uncovered, sprinkle a little flour on top before baking.

1 comment:

Stephanie@CopyKat.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.