Thursday, October 22, 2009

Meatloaf in a Pinch

One day last week I had my schedule suddenly crunch on me and I had to come up with dinner in a jiffy. This picture shows the meatloaf cooking in a crock pot because that's where it started. Soon after putting it in the crock pot I realized that that wasn't fast enough, so I removed it, put it into two loaf pans, and cooked it at 350 degrees until done.

Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef
1 pound ground pork
1 can French Onion soup
one egg
1 cup stove top
2 un-greased loaf pans
ketchup, chili sauce, or A1 sauce for glaze (optional)

Process
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Put all ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined.
  3. Divide mixture between to loaf pans and place in oven.
  4. Cook for about 30 minutes until cooked through and pulling away from pan. In last 5 minutes you can brush the top with the glaze if you so wish.
  5. Enjoy with a side of mashed potatoes and a tossed salad.
P.S. My favorite is the sandwiches the next day - meatloaf on bread with mayo and chili sauce and even some left over mashed potatoes if there are any!

No comments: