This deserves a picture of this beast, which bears a book mark barely into it - see the "Breads, cookies, cakes, pies, casseroles" on the right hand side?
That is as far as I made it through it and it is almost symbolic of this time of year, just past Hi-Ho's birthday but several weeks before the anniversary of her death. Maybe I can knock a good dent in it in the time remaining.
Sadly, this recipe was the first I pulled out and it really almost makes my stomach turn. It is credited to "Pete" which means that this recipe card came from KK, a horrible cook, but maybe this one was worth making? I bet the kids will love it because it really just sounds like baked Mac and Cheese, so why call it pudding? Perhaps because it has so many eggs.
1 quart of milk
2 Tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
2 cups chopped cheese
4 eggs - slightly beaten
1 and 3/4 cup macaroni (why not call it 2?)
- Cook Macaroni according to directions for al dente. Drain and put into a buttered baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add beaten eggs.
- Add milk and cheese mixture to the macaroni in baking dish.
- Bake in over until firm and slightly brown.