2/3 cup shortening
2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, well beaten
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir to mix well.
- Chill dough completely.
- When ready to use, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured board until the dough is 1/8 " thick.
- Cut dough as desired.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Decorate as desired or sprinkle with sugar.