Just saw the recipe for these on Facebook and was so stoked to make them! I have edited the original post to fix a few things and improve another.
From WholeLiving these are the Nonuttin' Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free crisp-rice cereal
- 1/2 cup mini gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup lightly packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey - or less - I find clover honey's taste a bit cloying.
Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on
all sides. Set aside.
Place oatmeal and rice cereal in a large bowl; stir to combine. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, mix together brown sugar, oil, and
honey. Place over medium-high heat; bring to a gentle boil. Cook,
stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add to oatmeal mixture;
stir until oatmeal mixture is fully coated and well combined.
- Evenly pour oatmeal mixture into prepared baking dish; sprinkle with chocolate chips, and stir a bit to mix into place in pan. When mixture is cool enough to touch, which happens quickly, press down to spread and fit in pan.