I can not recognize the handwriting on this recipe card so I can not tell you who it came from!
1 cup butter
2 cups sifted flour
confectioners sugar (a bunch you will need it)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 cup nuts: Brazil, Pecans, or filberts
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons vanilla
One to five days ahead:
- In a small bowl, using a mixer at medium speed, beat butter with 1/2 cup confectioners sugar. Beat until creamy.
- In turn, beat in salt, extract, flour and nuts and mix until well blended.
- Refrigerate dough until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1" balls.
- Place dough balls on cookie sheet and push to flatten.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from over, sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Cool.