1 cup butter
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
2 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 325. Lightly grease your baking sheet.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar.
3. Stir in flour and vanilla.
4. Roll dough into balls about the size of a walnut.
5. Make an indentation in the center of the ball and place a pecan half into the indentation.
6. Roll dough around the pecan until it is completely encased.
7. Place dough on greased sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
8. Remove from pan and roll in powdered sugar while still warm.
9. Let cool and roll in powdered sugar once more.
Yield about 4 dozen cookies.