Friday, January 9, 2009

Veal Loaf


This is another Baba recipe, which Mima attested was, "Very Good!". Like many of these recipes, they are so old the process is archaic, but I like that aspect of this one so I am keeping it. It lets us know the way things used to be. For anyone who knows me well enough, I am not a proponenet of veal consumption, however I am a woman on a mission so this recipe is not to be omitted.

Ingredients
1 lb. veal
1 lb. salt pork
1 lb. beef (round)
1 cup bread crumbs from center of loaf
3 eggs
1 cup water in pan
salt & pepper
celery salt
1 onion, chopped

Process
  1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
  2. Have beef and veal ground together.
  3. Mold with hands, putting pork top and bottom.
  4. Season with S & P, and celery salt.
  5. Place chopped onion in pan with water.
  6. Bake as a roast and baste while in oven.

No comments: