This is another Baba recipe, which Mima attested was, "Very Good!". Like many of these recipes, they are so old the process is archaic, but I like that aspect of this one so I am keeping it. It lets us know the way things used to be. For anyone who knows me well enough, I am not a proponenet of veal consumption, however I am a woman on a mission so this recipe is not to be omitted.
1 lb. veal
1 lb. salt pork
1 lb. beef (round)
1 cup bread crumbs from center of loaf
1 cup water in pan
salt & pepper
1 onion, chopped
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Have beef and veal ground together.
- Mold with hands, putting pork top and bottom.
- Season with S & P, and celery salt.
- Place chopped onion in pan with water.
- Bake as a roast and baste while in oven.