1 clove garlic -peeled and halved
1.5 cups dry white wine
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons Kirsch
1/2 pound Emmentaler - grated
1/2 pound Gruyere - grated
* option: combine your grated cheeses and toss with a teaspoon of corn starch
1 baguette, cubed
- Rub inside of saucepan with garlic clove.
- Add wine to saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Stir cornstarch and Kirsch together in a small bowl.
- Gradually add cheese to pot, stirring constantly in a zig-zag or figure 8 motion. (Do NOT stir in circles)
- When melted, keeping care to not let it boil, add Kirsch mixture and continue stirring until creamy.
- Bring to a simmer and continue stirring until thickened.
- Pour into fondue server, following directions for your particular set, and serve by dipping into it with cubed baguette.