I have never before found a Martha recipe so simple to make. I just put it together and it is cooking, and I bet it will be yummy. It threw me off to put raw couscous into the peppers, but the way the recipe reads, I am trusting that it will soften up fine!
Martha's Greek Stuffed Peppers http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/greek-stuffed-peppers
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup crumbled feta (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 4 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Slice a very thin layer from the base of each bell pepper so they sit flat. Slice off tops just below stem. Discard stems; chop tops, and place in a medium bowl. Remove ribs and seeds from peppers.
- To bowl, add beans, feta, couscous, scallion whites, garlic, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Stuff peppers with bean mixture; place upright in slow cooker. Cover; cook on high, 4 hours.
- Sprinkle peppers with scallion greens; serve with lemon wedges.
To make in the oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In step 2, use a 5-quart Dutch oven or oven proof pot with a tight-fitting lid; add 1 cup water. Cover; bake until peppers are tender, about 1 hour. Proceed with step 3.