I 16 oz. jar beets
1 & 3/4 cups white vinegar
I cup sugar
1 & 1/2 TB whole allspice
1 stick cinnamon, halved (oops - missed that step)
8 Hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1. Hard boil eggs.
2. Drain the beets, reserving the juice. Put the beets away in the fridge and use in a salad later.
3. In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, combine the beet juice, vinegar, sugar and spices. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer five minutes.
5. Peel the eggs and put in a 1 quart canning jar with a lid.
6. When finished simmering, pour the hot marinade over the eggs.
7. Cover tightly and allow to cool to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
8. Place in refrigerator and allow flavors to blend. This can be for several hours or up to a week. (mine will be there for a week and 3 days before eating).