I made these this weekend on a marathon in the kitchen.
I even made stock again.
I can't wait to try these.
From The Prospect Pantry
adapted from Heidi Swanson, 101 Cookbooks
6-8 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled (see tip below)
1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced (or use a yellow onion)
1 tbsp whole peppercorns
1 1/3 c Apple Cider vinegar
½ c water
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp fine grain sea salt
2 tsp ground turmeric
1. Prepare hard boiled eggs.
2. Sterilize a one-quart jar with lid. Place the eggs in the jar with the sliced shallots or onion and the peppercorns.
3. Place the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and turmeric in a small saucepan over medium heat, and warm slightly, stirring until the sugar and salt dissolve and the turmeric is well combined.
4. Pour over the eggs in the jar.
5. Cover the jar and shake it gently to allow the liquid to surround the eggs completely and distribute the peppercorns and the shallots or onions.
6. Allow to cool to room temperature.
7. Once the liquid is completely cooled, place the jar in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours, or up to a week.