I can only guess that at some point during my parents travels they were in Siesta Key, Florida and there was a restaurant called Neptune's, because this recipe has written at the top "Neptunes" and Hi-Ho always gave credit where credit is due. With further sleuthing I found this information, "Opened in 1990, Neptune’s introduced outside dining and music to the key, and it remained a local favorite until closing in July 1996." at THIS website. Without further ado, here is the recipe from Neptune's that Hiho clearly loved.
This recipe serves 6-8, but Hiho did note "x2" so she either doubled it for a party to serve 12 to 16, or well... you do the math! :)
3 cups heavy cream
1 and 1/2 cup strong chicken broth
2 teaspoons minced garlic
8 oz. Parmesan cheese
4 egg yolks
2 lbs cooked linguine, cut to 1/2 to 1/3"
1 and 1/2 heads broccoli
3 large carrots
1 Bermuda onion
1 red pepper
1/2 lb crab meat
1 lb shrimp
1 lb scallops
2 cups white wine
Juice of 2 lemons
1/4 lb butter
- In a large saucepan, heat first three ingredients, until reduced by 1/3.
- Add Parmesan slowly until thoroughly blended.
- Remove from heat and stir in egg yolks quickly.
- Mix sauce with linguini and keep warm.
- Julienne the vegetables and poach with seafood in white wine and lemon juice, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from heat and slowly incorporate butter 1 oz at a time.
- Serve over linguini.