Thursday, May 6, 2010

Halloumi and a Mediterranean Breakfast


It's been a long time since I blogged.
My apologies. Life has been busy.
REALLY BUSY!

I was away for a few weeks, tending to some family matters in Connecticut. While I was down there I stayed with my dear old friend Sloop.

One morning his roommate from Turkey made us breakfast. As I hovered in the kitchen the first thing I saw was this:

and I was instantly in heaven.
Halloumi heaven.
Meet my friend Halloumi.
I've never met a cheese I didn't like.
Halloumi is a special breed.
Why?
Because it is:
firm
grill-able
fry-able
and
oh so yummy too.
Halloumi is the sheep and goats milk cheese from Cyprus Greece.
The special thing about halloumi is that it doesn't melt when it cooks.
See it retains it's shape?
Fry it up
and serve it
with your
choice of accompaniments.

1 comment:

Just Diane said...

That looks so yummy! I am going to have to give that a try!