1 pound firm tofu
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons Tamari
1 teaspoon fresh minced rosemary
1 pinch white pepper
1.5 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Drain tofu. Place on cutting board, surround with kitchen towels, put another cutting board on top, with a loaded kettle on it, and let sit for 20 minutes to drain out excess water. This is crucial in my opinion to getting the tofu totally drained and ready to be made yummy!
- Once drained, cut tofu into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch slices and lay in single layer on the bottom of a large baking dish. IF GRILLING!!! - slice a bit thinner and marinate for longer.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together remaining ingredients for the marinade.
- Pour marinade over tofu. Let soak for as long as you want - or not at all.
- Gently turn tofu once.
- Bake , turning gently once, for 30 to 40 minutes until tofu is nicely browned and marinade is absorbed. You may also grill them.