One bunch Scallions, thinly sliced white and light green parts only
One medium onion, finely diced
One bunch Fresh Cilantro, coarsely chopped
3 Tablespoons Roasted Sesame Oil
10 to 15 teaspoons Curry Powder (the more the merrier on your tongue)
2 Tablespoon Butter
2 cans Coconut Milk
2 large pinches Kosher Salt
the juice of one Lemon
2 blocks Extra Firm Tofu (pressed to Dry And Cut Into 1-inch Cubes) OR 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
*** adding a dollop or two of sour cream or plain yogurt will cut the spice if you over do it***
Serve over cooked rice.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- If you are making rice, start it now.
- Add onions and scallions and simmer until translucent.
- Add tofu/meat and cook/brown.
- Add cilantro and stir to combine.
- Add the curry powder Stir everything together.
- Add the butter. Continue to stir and cook for 20 to 30 seconds more.
- When it’s all simmering nicely, add the coconut milk.
- While stirring often, bring everything to a boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Finish the sauce by seasoning it to taste with salt and then stir in lemon juice.
- Turn off the heat and serve over cooked rice.