1 one-quarter inch slice medium size onion
1 clove garlic
2 stalks celery
1/2 large cucumber, seeded
1/2 green pepper, seeded
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon crushed cumin seed
1 Tablespoon tomato paste
1 cup sour cream (and fat is fine)
fresh minced coriander/cilantro
- Grind the onion, garlic, celery, cucumber, and green pepper in a blender/food processor, using the finest knife.
- Turn into a sieve over bowl and press out the juice. The juice can be saved and drunk, or added to soup, stews, or sauces.
- Put vegetable mix into a medium bowl and sprinkle spices over and mix.
- Blend in the tomato paste.
- Add the sour cream and stir until mixed.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Use as a dip for crackers, bread cubes, or fresh vegetable crudite.