This is the ultimate cooking with kids recipe!
Puckstopper brought this recipe home from his Home Economics class, that's why!
This recipe certainly does not have the healthy content my recipes usually do, but HiHo would be so proud to know the enthusiastic chef her grandson has become.
There's always a time and place for a little junk food! :D
1 can refrigerated bread sticks (the canned dough)
3 rolls, fruit by the foot, fruit snack.
1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar
1 egg white beaten (or more)
1. Preheat the oven to 375
2. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with spray.
3. Unroll dough and separate into the 12 bread sticks.
4. Stretch each bread stick until it is 9 inches long.
5. Unroll all fruit rolls, cutting them evenly into 4 pieces, about 8 inches long a piece.
6. Place one fruit roll piece on each bread stick.
7. Roll each bread stick into a coiling dough/spiral shape.
8. Place sugar in shallow dish.
9. Brush top and sides of each coil with the egg white and roll in sugar.
10. Place sugar side up on un-greased cookie sheet.
11. Bake for 11 to 16 minutes until golden brown.
12. Immediately remove from sheet and cool 5 minutes.
You can lay out dough as a sheet, not separated into sticks, apply fruit rolls to sheet, and roll entire sheet into a spiral log, then cutting log into individual pieces with a knife.
Also, try cinnamon sugar as an added nice touch. !