4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups raisins
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 and 1/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 8" round cake pans
- Combine all dry ingredients and raisins in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, blend the remaining ingredients together and then add to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Stir until combined and flour is moist.
- Knead in the bowl - the dough will be very sticky.
- Divide in half, shaping into 2 balls, and place in the center of pans.
- Flatten balls a bit and then cut a deep X across the top of each loaf.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.