*** This recipe needs to be made in an 8 inch spring form pan ***
3 cakes Bakers German Sweet Chocolate
4.5 Tablespoons milk
4.5 Tablespoons sugar
6 eggs separated
1/2 pint heavy or whipping cream
2 packages lady fingers (16 whole, 32 split)
- Arrange split lady fingers up and down the sides of the pan with round side of finger toward the pan.
- Put remainder in the bottom, breaking up those left to fill spaces.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- Add beaten egg yolks to chocolate.
- Add milk and sugar and stir constantly until smooth and thick (about 5 minutes)
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites and pour into mold.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream and will in the cake with it.
- Release spring form ring, and leave cake on bottom part, placing it on a plate to serve.