2 and 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon caraway seeds (optional)
1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In one bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- IN a separate bowl, beat the egg with the milk.
- Add butter, caraway seeds, and raisins to the egg and milk mixture.
- Add sifted dry ingredients.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan for about an hour. OR shape into three small loaves and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.