Friday, March 26, 2010

Irish Soda Bread 1

I guess I am a day late and a dollar short. Not only did I forget to take pictures of the Irish American Soda bread I made from the Joy of Cooking recipe, but I JUST found my other recipes. Well, better late than never eh? Here's the first of two I have. This recipe doubles quite easily.

Ingredients
2 and 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon caraway seeds (optional)
1 egg
1 cup raisins

Process
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In one bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
  3. IN a separate bowl, beat the egg with the milk.
  4. Add butter, caraway seeds, and raisins to the egg and milk mixture.
  5. Add sifted dry ingredients.
  6. Bake in a greased loaf pan for about an hour. OR shape into three small loaves and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments: