- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed, I used 2 chicken breast & boiled them
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1 x 10 ounce bag frozen peas
- 3 carrots or 12 mini carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or ½ & ½
- 4 cups water
- 2 ½ tablespoons chicken base
- 4 teaspoons Montreal Steak seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
a large pot of water to a boil, once water is boiling add in potatoes
and cook until tender. Strain potatoes from pot and set them aside in a
In a large pot, over medium to high heat add butter, once butter has
started to melt add in carrots, cook for 1-2 minutes, then add in onion
and celery, season vegetables with 2 teaspoons of Montreal Steak
seasoning. Cook until onions are translucent. Add in water and chicken
base, bring is a boil. Let it cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
In a water bottle or cup with lid add ½ cup of ½ & ½ with the flour,
shake vigorously. Add in the remainder of the milk to the pot and then
add in flour mixture. Add in frozen peas, potatoes and cubed chicken,
season with salt and pepper and add an additional 1-2 teaspoons of
Montrell Steak seasoning. Let it simmer 30 minutes, until the soup
starts to thicken.
Remove from heat and let it sit for 5-10 minutes to cool, then serve.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup'