It was quick and easy and oh so kid friendly.
I went liberal on the first batch I made and discovered that it could have used more kick to it. So I made it a second time last night and nailed it.
That's what the above picture is from. Yummy stuff folks that we highly recommend!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb. Spicy Italian Sausage (I used Jennie-O)
- 1 (13.8 oz) tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 7 slices swiss cheese
- 6 slices black forest ham
- 8 sandwich style dill pickles
- 2 TBSPs mustard
- 1 TBSP mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet, preheat your olive oil and then cook your Spicy Italian Sausage until completely cooked through, crumbling it as you cook.
- On a silicon mat lined baking sheet, spread out your refrigerated pizza dough until it is about 14 by 12 inches.
- Spread out your swiss cheese, spread the mustard over it, layer it with the slices of ham, the pickle slices and the cooked sausage.
- Carefully roll up the dough, starting with the long end, and then place it seam side down and pinch both ends closed.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle with the garlic salt.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes before slicing