Friday, November 20, 2015

Scotch Eggs

Once upon a time there was a pig named Notorious P.I.G. Piggy Smalls. 
 
true story...

















... and let me tell you, he earned his name! But that's a story for my other blog. Anyway, he provided us with some yummy meat. The last of the meat is about to be made into Scotch Eggs this weekend.

The first thing you need to do to make Scotch Eggs is to make some sausage. There's plenty of recipes out there for making sausage, and though I wish I could put my hands on the recipe for Hinderers sausage, we rely on the good old Joy of Cooking for our recipe. 

Truly, the Joy of Cooking is all Shane uses for this recipe. It is the golden standard. 
Here's a picture of the recipe from the book. If you don't own a copy please go get one now. 
In the mean time, you can see the pictures to guide you through. 
 

 Using barely hardened eggs (an art I will never seem to master)
 
















take a lump of sausage and form it into a patty in your hand. 




 then carefully, oh so carefully, surround it entirely with sausage.







 See this amazing toasted brown round bundle of goodness?


Just look what happens if you are as talented in making these as SP is. 

HEAVEN ON EARTH! Happy breakfast!

No comments: