Monday, June 7, 2010

Egg's benedict

I've been debating how to write this recipe out. I've decided, I am going to leave it as a photo essay to one of my favorite breakfast or brunch options ever. It is also what SP makes me for every Mother's Day. For instructions, he always uses the Joy of Cooking. So all you need is a good cookbook, and these pictures as a way of doing it! It is time consuming and laborious, but well worth your time.

Ingredients
eggs
sliced tomatoes (or bacon)
butter
vinegar
and if you don't want to make it yourself, some premade or packaged Hollandaise sauce (My ancestors just rolled over in their graves at the very mention of such a thing.)

Process
1. While you bring a large pot of water to a boil, prepare your Hollandaise sauce according to directions over a double boiler. Look closely, SP invented his own by putting a large glass bowl over a sauce pan of boiling water.




























































































































2. Very carefully breaking your egg into a spatula, poach your eggs in lightly rolling boiling water doused with a little vinegar.


































3. Toast some English muffins.

4. Plate the muffins, with sliced tomato (or if you insist bacon) and cover with the poached egg.






























5. Whisk your Hollandaise again.



























6. Liberally coat in Hollandaise.


























7. Re-coat if desired. Serve with extra Hollandaise on the side.



























I don't think I mentioned this. I love Hollandaise. I like my Eggs Benedict bathing in it. Come to think of it, I think I'd like a lot of things bathed in Hollandaise.

No comments: