Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lamb Burgers

I created this recipe after a jealous months long hockey-induced craving for a Lamb burger from Gritty's pub. Sadly, I lost most of the pictures of this recipe. Why you ask? I am inept at using PCs, and SPs PC dooped me into deleting them when I tried to edit this recipe a few minutes ago. Grrrr!
Anyway, these yummy burgers have become a family favorite and friends, who happen to be pictured holding the bread below, are requesting a repeat performance when they visit next weekend.

Ingredients
*proportions are a suggestion to guide you but are very able to be manipulated to suit your tastes. *
1 pound ground lamb
1/2 a bunch of mint, finely chopped
1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
Crumbled feta - the more the merrier.
sourdough bread, sliced
ketchup
sliced tomatoes
lettuce leaves, preferable romaine
spreadable feta if you can find it.

Process
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. Shape into burgers.
3. Grill the burgers
4. Slice the sourdough bread.

5. Dress the burgers with lettuce, tomato, and ketchup.
6. If you are a fromagophile like I am, add more feta or spreadable feta on the bread if you are so lucky!
7. Enjoy!

No comments: