I can't track the origin of this recipe, but I beleive it is from a Google search for mystery soup - a family tradition!
1/2 cup butter
3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
2 pints fresh Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 large onion, chopped
42 ounces chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 Tablespoon (or more) Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups cream
1. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter
2. Add the carrots and onions and saute until softer.
3. Add the broth, wine and Worcestershire stirring to combine.
4. Add the Brussels sprouts and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until tender (10 minutes or more).
6. Stir in spices.
7. Remove pot from heat.
8. Puree soup either with an immersion blender or using a blender (takes several batches to complete)
9. Return to pot, add cream and bring up to temp.
10. Serve in soup bowls and hope that the flavor and color make it a mystery!