I meant to get this recipe up before Christmas.
I then meant to get this recipe up for New Years.
Clearly I failed at both goals. Here is a recipe for a favorite treat of HiHos. She would make these beauties and have them placed around the house on silver treat stands lined with lacy doilies. My Dad recently told me that he liked these most once New Years rolled around and they had some time to harden. The recipe originates with Gourmet Magazine and HiHo doubled it for Christmas Eve.
2 Tablespoons cocoa
1 cup sifted confectioners sugar and then some more.
1/4 cup Bourbon
2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
2 and 1/2 cups Vanilla Wafers, crushed
1 cup broken pecans
1. Sift 2 Tablespoons cocoa with 1 cup sifted confectioners sugar.
2. Mix bourbon with corn syrup and stir into cocoa sugar mixture.
3. Add vanilla wafers and pecans and mix thoroughly.
4. Shape the mixture into small balls by rolling in hand.
5. Dredge the balls with 1/2 cup sifted confectioners sugar.
Set out and enjoy!