This recipe was made from the "bruised" carrots we harvested that would not be safe to store long term. I had intended to make a type of parsnip soup from the woody white carrots we ended up with but it will have to wait. I made this soup from quite a colorful group of carrots don't you think?
4 cups variety of carrots - peeled and chopped
2 Tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
6 cups stock
1. In a large pot, heat oil and cumin until aromatic.
2. Stir in carrots and stock.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Cover and boil for 10 minutes.
5. Uncover, reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender (about 20 to 30 minutes)
See how colorful my carrots made this soup!?
6. In small batches, transfer soup to blender and blend until smooth.
7. Return to stockpot and heat.
8. Stir in heavy cream and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve as a side dish for dinner. Serves 6.