Feel free to 1/2 this recipe if you would like.
32 apples - peeled, cored and quartered
4 cups water
8 cups sugar
4 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon clove powder
- Wash, peel, core and quarter apples.
- Place in stock pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Boil until apples are soft but not liquid.
- Run apples through the food mill and return to the pot.
- Add the sugar and spices and heat, stirring frequently as mixture thickens.
- Cook until thick enough to round up on a spoon.
- Ladle hot butter into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space and remove air bubbles.
- Adjust caps and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water canner.