1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 cups sifted cake flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 pound shredded blanched almonds
1/4 pound citron
1/4 pound orange peel
1/4 pound lemon peel
1/4 pound cherries
1/4 pound dried apricots
1/2 pound seedless raisins (white)
1/2 pound chopped dates
1/2 pound shredded coconut
1 cup finely cut canned pineapple slices
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add unbeaten eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each.
- Combine fruit and coconut with 1/2 of sifted dry ingredients.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and the pineapples to the mixture.
- Add floured fruit and nuts.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into greased pan, lined with paper.
- Bake for 4 hours, or less is you use more than one pan.