Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Carrot Cake

This recipe, from HiHo's recipe box, is credited to a Betsy Reid. I am long overdue at posting recipes and it is a shame that I stopped half way through HiHo's cook book. Things have been busy and most of my time has been taken up by one of two things - hockey or my classes. With hockey over, and only 1 class this semester, back to my blog I go! I miss you Hiho - it's been a long 11 years since February 24, 1999.

Ingredients
for the cake:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 to 1 + 1/2 cups corn oil
3 cups grated carrots
2 teaspoons cinnamon
salt
4 eggs
3/4 cup walnuts
for the icing:
8 ounces cream cheese
1 box confectioners sugars
1 stick soft salted butter
2 teaspoons milk
grated rind of one orange

Process
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Combine cake ingredients and beat well.
  3. Pour into two pans and bake for an hour.
  4. Let cool completely while you combine icing ingredients, beating well to bring to proper consistency.
  5. Ice cake and enjoy.

No comments: